Tuesday, November 24, 2009

I want short hair back...



Could you believe this was me???
I am slowly starting to feel like the person I used to be. When I was younger I thought I could do anything and no one could stop me. Maybe being idealistic like this was the key to my happiness. Ignorance is bliss like they all say. I used to wear my hair this short because it made me feel powerful. It started as an accident really, I bleached my hair about 3 times and when that was done my hair felt like hay. All I could do was cut off all my hair and hope to God that it would grow out fast. I remember being in the salon chair scared for my life with tears rolling down my face after each snip. Pathetic? I know, but for a girl hiding behind your hair is almost like your strength. It isn't just a greek myth it's how we feel. As soon as the hair went though I actually felt different. I had nothing to hide behind it was almost like I was really showing myself to the world. Years after the first cut I would revisit this haircut every time I wanted to "shed my skin". A boy would hurt me, the hair left. New job, new challenge in my life the hair left. You get the picture. I have since let my hair grow, it is now way passed my shoulders. I still get the urge to cut my hair every once and awhile but I have to tell myself that things are different now. Who knows maybe one day I'll be that person again.

1 comment:

julietsadface said...

Mel!! I love you in short hair! and that color! wow.

willya hurry up and get here? huh?

I cant wait, I'll see you in days!!

xoxoxo

<3