Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Currently Living in the Past...

I am the first to admit that at one point in the last few years I just stopped acknowledging all the advancements in technology, music, and fashion. It's almost like I put on the breaks and decided to live with everything I knew prior to that moment. I always mention the Spring of 96' which is something I picked up from a Chuck Klosterman book.There he states that the offices of Spin magazine, where he used to work, always seemed like the Spring of 96'. Everyone always wearing flannel and talking about Pavement and Dinosaur Jr. like they were still relevant.I just thought how nice it would be to live in that world. 1996 was the year that I really got into music, such a turning point in my life. And now here I am re-living it listening to bands like Superchunk and Pavement wishing I was my age now in 1996 (how weird would that be?)

 What makes me think of this? maybe the fact that I live in my jean jacket, and recently have decided to dye my hair red. I think when I did the first time my best friend said "oh shit it's high school all over again" People are constantly trying to remove themselves from the person they were and I am constantly trying to communicate with who I was. I must be weird! I am also toying with the idea of dying my hair pink. Midlife crisis do I hear you calling?

1 comment:

Jeany said...

i live in the past too. :)
i still dont get the point of foursquare