Sunday, June 12, 2011

My first time with the LC-Wide

 

This is my first roll through the LC-Wide and to be honest I wish I would have gone closer! The LC-W is the new camera by Lomography that takes the LC-A+ to a whole new level allowing you to take not online wide angle shots but also half and square frame pictures! I say it is something along the lines of if the Diana Mini and the LC-A+ had a baby. To be quite honest when I found out this was happening I was not too excited about it, I like the LC-A and it already had the ability to add a wide angle lens so how much better could it be. I don't really care for the novelty of half frame photography and if I wanted square images I could just shoot medium format! But just  one look at the pictures and I knew that I was wrong. I could go over the technical specifications of this camera like it's 17mm lens and what not but I think just looking at the pictures you can see how great it is. The best part for me is that it only has two focus functions 0.4 -0.9 m or 0.9 - infinity ! That means not only do you not have to think about exposures thanks to the infamous light meter you also don't really have to think about focusing either!! Regardless I think I need to take this baby out for a spin one more time and you know maybe actually get a good picture.


Set on half frame option without the half frame mask creates fake panoramic images

Square format

No comments: