Saturday, June 4, 2011

Puerto Rico !!!!

It's been a long time since I have written in here mostly due to the fact that I lack a computer! womp womp....
There is good news though, actually there really isn't any good news but we will glaze over that just so I can talk about how amazing my last trip was. I was lucky enough to spend a few days with my friends in NYC and then hop over to Puerto Rico to spend some time with my dad.

Being in Puerto Rico opened up my eyes to something I hadn't experienced in awhile, WANDERLUST! This word is defined as a strong, innate desire to rove or travel about. That is pretty much all I want to do with my life, I blame Anthony Bourdain! In all seriousness, being able to experience a completely different culture awoke something in me. While I walked down the small narrow streets of old San Juan I thought to myself this is what it is all about. Seeing new things and being around the unfamiliar challenges something inside of you to want more. We spent most of our time in Old San Juan walking around and taking in the beauty of the Atlantic. We even went into an old castle which was weird and cool all at the same time. There was this festival going on while we were there, apparently it goes on every Sunday with outdoor music and dancing. Everyone brings their own chair and they sit down or get up and dance but the main point is just relaxing and enjoying a day off. Living in the states I feel we all lose sight of what enjoying your life is suppose to feel like. We all work hard to try to get by and forget what life is suppose to be about. I guess that last statement could be interpreted many different ways for many different people but for me life is about experiencing and at the moment there is not much of that going on.

On trips I always find it hard to pack cameras, I have a few that I am partial to (Lubitel 166 I am looking at you! ) others are a toss up. I decided to take my Diana F+ on this trip since I haven't given it much of a chance in previous outings. I am so happy I did! the soft focus lens paired with slide film were the exact thing I needed to capture the beauty of Puerto Rico.

Here are a few images I was lucky enough to capture. All simple, without thought but lucky enough that the planets aligned and got me these gorgeous images.








1 comment:

Jeany said...

no thanks jean for providing shelter? LOL. JK.