Sunday, July 31, 2011

Read the Signs...

On my way to the gym this morning I felt like I kept seeing all these great unexpected signs. Not signs as in the universe is trying to talk to me but literal signs, either spray painted or put on marquees. Like an idiot I forgot to carry a camera with me but I at least had my phone on me.



I recently watched L.A. Story for the first time in years, I forgot the central idea to the movie being leading your life through what signs you get from the universe. I think it is time that I start paying attention to what is going on around me more closely. Normally you would think that I would subscribe to the notion that the universe is discreetly telling me what to do but just like everyone else in this world if the world is talking to me I am too busy texting on my phone to hear what it has to say. 

Story Time:  About two years ago I was working a job I hated, and only recently left. My manager was the dumbest person I have ever encountered and he dealt with this fact by being a complete asshole to me. It was the hardest thing to run a department and let him get all the credit on top of that he felt he needed to belittle everything I did to somehow boost his confidence. One day I had it, I was 30 minutes away from break and had decided that all I wanted to do was cry in the break room. When my break had arrived apparently he had the same idea, minus the crying part. I had nowhere to go so I walked down the street to Starbucks where I proceeded to call my friend and bitch about how this man not only makes my life miserable but also ruined my only time to have some emotional release. So I sat there with my head pressed against the table at Starbucks crying in front of complete strangers and when I looked down at the table there it was. Two napkins one reading something along the lines of .... "Everything will be better", than an arrow pointing to another napkin reading "Go to Spain". I know this seems like a crock of shit but in all honesty I couldn't believe it either, whether it was the universe speaking to me or just a coincidence who cares. I am planning my first trip to Spain next year and cannot wait to see what that has in store for me. I will end this with another sign I have seen on my way home.....


 

No comments: