Saturday, July 23, 2011

San Francisco....again

I have been to San Francisco many times in my life. Before New York City entered the picture this was the place I would go escape. It was the only real city I knew, or at least thought I knew. Looking back now I see how in the last 9 years I have only seen snapshots of the city. Being led through it by a number of different people,  seeing it through their eyes. 

  I always tell people that this is the only place I have been to more than a dozen times and yet I still can't figure out how to get around. You can drop me off  in the middle of the city and I would not understand at all how it connects. I remember the first time I went with Michelle, we stayed for 3 days, slept in the car in the parking lot of a hostel and drove up and down Van Ness street for what seemed like forever. That was 
freedom at nineteen years old I guess. 

This time around I traveled with an old high school friend who I hadn't seen or talked to in person for over 5 years. It is strange to think that someone would want to re-connect on a trip where there are no outs if for some reason the connection is not there anymore, well I am a strange girl.  

Once again it became a thing of seeing the city through her eyes, not that it was bad but I am wondering when I am going to get my own view of the city. Or maybe it is just too late? New york stole my heart it would be too hard to try to get it back. I am so confused with San Francisco now a days... besides it's black and white photobooth in Fisherman's Wharf I don't know what else I have to look forward to when I go. Wait I forgot, it has Bi-Rite Creamery ... you can disregard everything else I just said.



 





No comments: