Sunday, June 24, 2007

brooklyn nights and mornings





............
sometimes staying out all night is just what you need
the sun came up on mc carren park while we walked through
and i thought to myself
"at least i can't experience this anywhere else"

bars are the weirdest places to meet people
all these people drinking just to gather enough
courage to talk to someone outside their circle of friends
..some random irish guy came up to talk to me
it sort of made me feel better cuz i felt like i was not invisible.
we ended up in some random friends apartment
i had to mingle and it wasnt killing me and it felt nice to have
people laugh at my jokes ...i forgot that i could be funny
or witty..and that i could make people like me

its always a struggle to talk to strangers for me
i feel like im constantly trying to win people over
but this time i was myself and i forgot who that was for
a pretty long time..
i took the train home around 5am..
around 6 i ended up walking the streets of a desolate times square
its only at these times that i realize how lucky i am that i get to
see this place that is normally infested with tourist so empty....


1 comment:

jeany. said...

I HATE TIMES SQUARE. THATS IT IM MOVING TO TRIBECA. DAMN NOISE.