Friday, November 12, 2010

Settle ? You said settle...

I don't understand this world, or to be more clear this world and it's standards in relationships. Yesterday I had two different people tell me I had to lower my standards in order to get a guy. I even had someone ask me if I drank a lot because that would probably help me find someone. Which brings me to the conclusion that standards are a way of the past now it's all about what you can get and dealing with it. Then we wonder why we have such a high divorce rate, why people cheat, and why girls are getting beat in relationships.
When I first got told to lower my standards for a second I thought maybe they are right, then I really examined what my standards really are.

What I look for in a guy is mainly just a sense of humor. I like funny guys, always have. That is pretty much the only requirement everything else is just common sense into play. I want a guy whose funny, intelligent and nice. Don't we all just want variations of this? No one wants to go out with someone that they can't talk to and no one should want to go out with someone that treats them bad. Those are my "standards" that really should apply to everyone. Other than that everything else doesn't matter. How he dresses, how he looks, all of this kind of falls into place if the other things are there.

So I should lower these standards? Should I allow a guy to treat me bad? or should I be with someone who I can't even talk to ? We are almost trained to settle in this society, there is no real idea of love there is no real idea of getting to know someone anymore. We walk around trying to not feel lonely and we fill that hole with whatever we can get. If we are lucky sometimes we fill it with the right person but all I see around me lately is a lot of wrong..So I probably won't lower my standards which means I will probably be alone for most of my life but like my father always told me... "It's better to be alone then in bad company."

Watched this before work now I am ready for my day.

chasing amy
 

No comments: