Monday, November 29, 2010

Slapsgiving....

....came and went....

It seriously is my favorite holiday, right after Valentine's Day (it's not only for couples!!!!) 
Slapsgiving ... How I met your mother
I love eating and I love being thankful. I guess in those terms Thanksgiving happens every day in my life!!!! Unfortunately after Thanksgiving comes the day that anyone in retail dreads... BLACK FRIDAY. So picture this there is a line forming around a building, hundreds of people camping out. Not for a concert, or an autograph from some celebrity, it's for shoes, or a dvd. Could this really be normal? I of all poor people understand the value of a great deal but just like my dear friend Annette put it I put comfort over saving a buck any day. Don't get me wrong I once too succumbed to the idea of getting up early and waiting with the rest of the world to try to get on some good deals but I remember that morning and it ended with my friend and I not purchasing anything because the lines were too long. The whole morning was just for us to drink our starbucks in crowded places. Yet the excitement was there.. Maybe all it really is an adrenaline rush to buy things that you don't need and would eventually try to pass off as a good gift even though we all know you bought that DVD for 3.99 ( I am talking to you Luis Mendoza) Still this all baffles me.

 We are the only country who does this, and even worse I feel like we seem to be losing the idea of what Thanksgiving is all about. We already lost Christmas and I would like to keep at least one Holiday low on the cosumerism (Yes yes I know it's always there but could we keep it to a minimum ?) It seems each year the stores open earlier and earlier, sooner or later we will scratch out Thanksgiving in general just to make sure  we can get to the sales faster.LAME

No comments: